COVID-19 Info & Safety Measures
Dentistry on King is now fully open and operational, serving dental patients in Toronto during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have taken numerous measures to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
Covid-19 Update – We are Open!
Dentistry on King is currently OPEN and accepting new patients in Toronto. We have been open and operational since June 2020. Our office was temporarily closed from March 2020 to June 2020 in accordance with health regulations and advice of municipal, provincial and federal authorities. However, even during our closure, Dr. Alavi provided care to patients with dental emergency needs that had reached out to us. This was done to help our existing patients in need of urgent care and lower the burden on our hospital system.
Vaccination Update (June 2021) 💉
We are pleased to announce that the staff at Dentistry on King are now fully vaccinated.
Stay-at-home Order Update (January 2021)
The government of Ontario has issued a new covid-19 stay-at-home order prompting new restrictions for some workplaces and establishments. However, due to the essential nature of dental care, dental offices, like other health care units are exempted from the new restrictions. This means that we continue to be open and fully operational providing routine dental care, dental hygiene, and urgent care to patients.
COVID-related Safety Measures at Dentistry on King (Video)
Our COVID-19 Safety Measures
We used the opportunity to further enhance our already stringent infection control processes and technology during our brief closure. Our dental office has always been at the forefront of disinfection protocols and health measures; however, the COVID-19 pandemic has prompted us to places the following additional measures to ensure the safety of our patients and staff:
- Installation of best-in-class Swiss-made air filtration system in every room
- Non-stop air filtration of air in the office at high capacity
- Full vaccination of staff members
- Installation of brand-new self-closing magnetic doors to seal operatory rooms for better air filtration and limiting air contamination
- Complete clearing and filtration of the air in the room after each patient
- Careful disinfection of all equipment and items after each patient
- Use of a fogger to disinfect the room air and surfaces after each patient ensuring all surfaces are covered by the disinfectant with a natural solution made in office
- Two-step pre-appointment screening of patients (both in-person and online)
- Space out appointments to allow for proper physical distancing and for safer entry/exit of patients and also to disinfection of air, surfaces, and equipment
- Avoid and limit aerosol-generating procedures as much as possible
- Replaced automated aerosol-generating tools with manual ones as much as possible
- No-visitor policy for patients
- Contact-less payment (touchless payment terminal, pay over the phone)
- Full enclosure of the reception area with plexiglass for protection of patients and staff
- Abundance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all staff
- Patients are required to wear a mask when entering and sanitize their hands
- Temperature check of all staff and patients upon entry
COVID-19 Online Screening Form
As part of our new and enhanced safety protocol, our patients need to complete an online questionnaire. This is a requirement mandated by health authorities to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Please follow the link below to complete the form within 24 hours of your appointment time. Kindly note that we may ask you the same questions over the phone and in-person when you arrive for your appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to some of the most common questions patients are asking during the coronavirus pandemic with regard to their dental care and visiting a dentist. In case you have any other questions or concerns, send us a quick message using the options below and we will reply as soon as possible.
Are dentists open in Toronto during lockdown?
Yes. Dental offices are open in Toronto as they are considered an essential service. Essential service providers like healthcare establishments are exempt from closure rules as they are deemed vital for the wellbeing of individuals.
Is it safe to go to the dentist during Covid?
Dental offices have always been at the forefront of infection control measures, making them a safe place to visit even during a pandemic. For the same reason, dental offices have shown to be safe during the coronavirus pandemic because of the stringent disinfection protocols. For your peace of mind, check the additional safety measures in place at the dental office you plan to visit.
Should I postpone my dental hygiene appointment?
It is highly recommended that you maintain your oral health care if you feel well and have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 3-4 weeks. Neglecting your routine dental care can cause other long-term complications for your teeth and gum. Therefore, it is advised to maintain your teeth cleaning appointments to keep your teeth and gum in the best shape and monitor their state regularly.
What to expect at your dentist appointment during covid?
First, you will be asked to complete an online and/or over-the-phone screening. You will be asked to come to your appointment on-time or 5 minutes before at most. We will ask the screening questions again when you come-in. You should also expect our staff to check your temperature.
Are your staff fully vaccinated?
Yes, as of June 2021, all our team members are fully vaccinated.